Q& A good: THE COLLEGE PREPARE PROCESS The other day, I was the guest about #CollegeCash chat on Forums discussing university preparation the online solutions that are available for parents of the teens and scholars. Since certainly not everyone can be present at these talks or is actually active on Tweets, I thought it could be nice to talk about the queries and reviews here on this is my blog.
Question: As soon as do families start the school prep process?
- Ideally you must start speaking with your student about the value of an education once they start school and amplifier it up for middle class.
- 9th standard students must pay close attention to lessons selection signing up for AP elevates classes, mathematics and science.
- 9th graders should also begin looking for that A SINGLE extracurricular action to concentrate on around high school.
Thought: What do shown as the parent’s role within the college cooking process?
- Mothers and fathers should permit the student ‘drive the car’ but go along as a passenger/guide
- Parents can help with company and gentle simple guidelines regarding deadlines
- Parents has to be there meant for advice, assist and thoughts but have a tendency take control of the method
Question: What online applications do you advocate for analysing colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can result in a profile, examine colleges and have matched w/colleges and scholarships http://www.zinch.com
- You might use the College Board’s tool to match colleges at the same time http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- Some more sites happen to be: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Problem: What on line tools do not you recommend for test prep?
- For vocab prep, @sheldonwordnerd has Read More