TOP 30 COLLEGE FACTS TWITTERERS TO GO BY It’s perfectly logical. Twitter is a GREAT social media webpage to find out the most up-to-date college news and information. Set yourself up a ‘college info’ list about Twitter and add these to the next list. Because you follow these, notice who they really are communicating with in addition to who that they follow increase more compared to that list. Quickly you will have a all-inclusive Twitter number that will help you abreast of the newest college news flash.
- @SuzanneShaffer -The certain Parent Faculty Coach (helping parents allow their college-bound teen run the college maze).
- @4CollegeParents University Parent’s twitter accounts. Great info for parents about college-bound adolescence.
- @CollegeVisit Everything you need to know about college sessions from mother and father, students as well as experts. www.myessay24.com
- @CollegeBlogs Stunning advice with regards to everything you need to know about college entrée.
- @SaveCollegeCost The BEST economical advice near for parents in addition to college-bound teenage years.
- @SheldonWordNerd SAT help (hook she or he up with he! )
- @SusanPosluszny Employment counselor by GREAT employment advice intended for college-bound adolescents.
- @MyCollegeGuide As always, good information about higher education and all points related to higher education.
- @USATodayCollege College information from an remarkable news source.
- @VideoCoach Offering video tutorials with all forms of college guidance and help.
- @FastWebdotcom A good scholarship site that articles scholarship opportunities.
- @TheCollegeGuide Great weblogs about school life and even topics based on college problems.
- @CollegeWeekLive An online multimedia college good offering dwell events as well as chats.
- @Scholarshipscom A scholarship web-site that article content scholarship options available.
- @Cappexcom A college identical, search, and also scholarship web-site for college-bound teens.
- @NYTimesCollege A school news web log offering up-to-the-minute news plus Q& The.
- @MoneyMgmt101 Helping college-bound teens and their parents create wise income choices.
- @CampusCommons Offering an instructive and interesting blog regarding college students.
- @IHEAdmissions Data related to college (great content articles and information reports).
- @CheapScholar Facilitating students and their parents obtain college funding and good buys.
- @EntrepreneurEDU Tweeting pertaining to entrepreneurial options in associates degress.
- @gilrogers An entrée officer of which tweets the specifics of admissions computer software and the learners who use.
- @zinch Tweets with regards to scholarships together with finding the ‘perfect fit’ college.
- @TheCampusBuzz Tons of posts related to university or college.
- @CollegeCalendar Tips for college-bound teens related to staying arranged and get yourself ready for admissions.
- @CollegeSurfing Good tweets about college news, college entrée and college or university information.
- @MyUsearch Go along with this twitterer for the current college information and news.
- @Unigo Articles in relation to college as well as higher education.
- @CollegeBlender — Making it easier to connect to school student, skills, and alumni blogs.
- @MindFish — A smarter and more fun way to carry out standardized medical tests. (pass this method on to your company’s kiddos! )
FRIDAY Q& A-DROPPING A SUPERIOR SCHOOL COURSE
Each week I’ll be posting something that fathers and mothers ask, and the answer. In case you have a question you desire for me add, please contact me by email or direct message everyone on Flickr (@SuzanneShaffer) and I’ll be able to feature that.
Queen. Is it alright for this is my teen to decrease a high education course middle year?
Your. Even if your own personal college-bound teen comes to you and says of which colleges is not going to see their valuable grades and it also doesn’t make a difference, don’t cave. Colleges will make the admissions decision well before final pas but they can even request a stop of the yr transcript. If you are teen drops a course it’d show right now there and may raise concerns.
Information counselors, together with good reason, are usually vehemently against dropping curriculums. Some schools even call for parents and also students to help sign a letter acknowledging the risk they are really taking in connection with college seuil.
According to Lee Bierer, persistent college adviser in Charlotte, North Carolina, ‘some students try to get creative together with suggest replacing an online lessons instead of the 1 offered at their very own high school this too is just not looked upon confidently. ‘ As outlined by Brown University or college, ‘The very fact that they desire to bring it on the internet instead will probably raise eyebrows. If they are having it ok, enough fooling, why don’t many people just stay in class? If you experience a appointment time conflict utilizing another innovative course and the school provides the transformation for that reason, then simply we’ll admit that, howevere , if they are merely substituting a web option for an in-class preference, we will be a reduced amount of understanding. ‘
Colleges examine the final home school transcript and use it towards gauge near future performance according to the strength in the courses your teen takes. In cases where colleges find that they have lowered courses once they were endorsed, it could be viewed as grounds pertaining to revoking an offer of entry. And genuinely, it’s not worthwhile the risk.
Stimulate your teen to stay it out. It’s really a good class in determination and it will fixed a style for their faculty courses once tempted to lower them in addition. And it will preserve the let-down of everyone being recinded at the very last minute!